Carb and Fuel
Ahh… the stench of stale fuel when you open the tank, those nasty deposits crusted in the float bowl, the crispy float bowl gasket that just broke into 10 pieces… … the joys of working on a neglected bike… but don’t fret, that’s where Z1 Enterprises comes in.
In 2003 when Z1 Enterprises was started, the first parts added were to help work on carburetors and petcocks. Today, we have an excellent selection of repair and replacement parts – ranging from carb and petcock rebuild kits, new petcocks, individual jets, gaskets and o-rings and more – lots more. We also have related parts like carb holders and airbox hoses, numerous tools and manuals to help make the repair job easier.
Carburetors meter fuel into the engine and are part of a complex pairing of parts that make the bike run efficiently. In short, if you do anything to increase air flowing through the engine and exhaust, you have to change the fuel delivery a similar amount.
If you change exhaust systems or remove baffles, invariably you have to rejet. Change the airbox and replace with individual filters, you need to rejet. Increase the size of the engine, change cams and more, you have to rejet. You’re probably getting the picture now – when you change ANYTHING related to air flow through the engine, you typically have to consider corresponding changes to the carbs.
Don’t assume previous owners knew what they were doing when they slapped a 4-1 pipe other bike. The chances are they didn’t. So one of the first things we suggest when you start working on carbs, take an inventory of what is in the carbs – the pilot and main jets, the needle clip setting – and check against the shop manual or online fiche to see if they are stock, or have been swapped out.
Every bike is different, but to illustrate the issue -if you change the factory exhaust system on a KZ1000 for a free flowing 4-1 exhaust, you usually need to increase the main jet by 3 or 4 sizes, the pilot jet by one size, and you need to raise the needle.
Items 1-48 of 677
- Part #200-4451Honda CV/CVK/VB/VD and VE some PD & PE carbs- Kawasaki CV and CVK carbs- Main Air Jet For FCR (Round Jet With Slotted Head) Sold Individually
- Part #200-4449Honda CV/CVK/VB/VD and VE some PD & PE carbs- Kawasaki CV and CVK carbs- Main Air Jet For FCR (Round Jet With Slotted Head) Sold Individually
- Part #200-4446Honda CV/CVK/VB/VD and VE some PD & PE carbs- Kawasaki CV and CVK carbs- Main Air Jet For FCR (Round Jet With Slotted Head) Sold Individually
- Part #200-4444
- Part #200-4441
- Part #200-4439
- Part #200-4436
- Part #200-4434
- Part #200-4431
- Part #200-4429
- Part #200-4426
- Part #200-4424
- Part #200-4421
- Part #200-4419
- Part #200-4416
- Part #200-4414
- Part #200-4411
- Part #200-4409
- Part #200-4406
- Part #KL18-4770Equivalent to OEM: 92055-1128 Set of 4 - Fits Kawasaki KZ550A4 (83)- KZ550-F1/F2/H1/H2/M1- ZX550A1-A3.
- Part #KL18-4639Mikuni Carb O-Ring 2.7mm x 2.0mm (25 Pack)
- Part #KL18-4638Mikuni Carb O-Ring 6.6mm x 1.5mm (25 Pack)
- Part #KL18-4637Mikuni Carb O-Ring 10.2mm x 1.4mm (25 Pack)
- Part #KL18-4636Mikuni Carb O-Ring 2.4mm x 1.6mm (25 Pack)
- Part #KL18-4635Mikuni Carb O-Ring 4.8mm x 1.9mm (25 Pack)
- Part #KL18-4634Mikuni Carb O-Ring 3.7mm x 1.8mm (25 Pack)
- Part #KL18-4632Mikuni Carb O-Ring 2.65mm x 1.15mm (25 Pack)
- Part #KL18-4631Mikuni Carb O-Ring 7.5mm x 1.5mm (25 Pack) Equivalent to OEM 92055-1105. Used on the float needle valve assembly on: KZ1000J/K/M/P/R, KZ1100, KZ650H2/H3, KZ700, KZ750/L/M/R, ZN1100, ZX750A
- Part #KL18-4624Keihin Carb O-Ring 4.8mm I.D x 1.9mm (25 Pack)
- Part #KL18-4623Keihin Carb O-Ring 6.9mm I.D x 1.3mm (25 Pack)
- Part #KL18-4622Keihin Carb O-Ring 5.8mm I.D x 1.9mm (25 Pack)
- Part #KL18-4619Keihin Carb O-Ring 2.8mm I.D x 1.2mm (25 Pack)