Honda GL1000 / GL1100 Cam Belt Cover Tool
Another Randakk Exclusive!
Randakk's Honda GL1000 / GL1100 Cam Belt Cover Tool
This great tool allows easy removal of cam belt covers for belt inspection / replacement without removing the radiator as many (elsewhere) advise. The clever design gives you easy access to the inner bolts which are in a very tight space.
Simply loosen (but do not remove) the 4 bolts securing the radiator to the frame and carefully move the bottom of the radiator forward using suitable spacers about 1/2". Then, simply use the tool to remove the covers.
The "fixed" end is used for breaking the bolt loose and final tightening. The "pivot" end is used in speed ratchet fashion to quickly spin the bolts in or out. My terrific collaborator Bob Hagerman took my design and made several significant improvements.
Randakk's tool is superior to others you may find:
- Optimized overall length
- Offsets on each end make the tool much easier to use
- Cam belt cover bolts are "stepped" and quite brittle. Take care when tightening!
- By necessity, this wrench is rather long. Don't allow the extra leverage to over-torque!
- Remember: the seal does the work ...not the bolts. Tighten them just "snug."
Note: This tool is designed for Honda GL1000 and GL1100 models only.
Is Universal Part: No
OEM Number(s): N/A
- 1975 Honda GL1000 GL1000 Goldwing
- 1976 Honda GL1000 GL1000
- 1976 Honda GL1000 GL1000-LTD
- 1977 Honda GL1000 GL1000 Goldwing
- 1978 Honda GL1000 GL1000 Goldwing
- 1979 Honda GL1000 GL1000 Goldwing
- 1980 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1980 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate
- 1981 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1981 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate
- 1982 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1982 Honda GL1100 GL1100A Goldwing Aspencade
- 1982 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate
- 1983 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1983 Honda GL1100 GL1100A Goldwing Aspencade
- 1983 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate