Upgraded Front Master Cylinder - 5/8" Piston, remote reservoir
Front Master Cylinder - 5/8" piston, remote reservoir, adjustable lever.
Typical model coverage: Appropriate for most motorcycles with
two (2) front rotors:
This is the same front brake master cylinder as used on Dennis Parrish's DOHC-4 vintage racebikes.
The cost is reasonable compared to the time, effort and expense required to rebuild the 30 year old original master cylinders!
- Nissin brand - a leading supplier of high-end brake components
- 5/8" piston size for dual front brake rotor bikes
- Reservoir tank is separated to make master cylinder area more compact
- Reservoir has safety retainer clip
- Separate reservoir permits the exact brake lever angle you desire while maintaining perfectly level reservoir
- Ergonomic brake lever shape
- Lever distance from handlebar is adjustable to six different positions (great for riders with smaller hands)
- Designed for use on 7/8 in. handlebars
- Silver body with silver lever
- Uses M10 x 1.25 pitch banjo bolt
- Has a built-in brake light switch with 2 (male) spade terminals. While some bikes have the brake switch under the headlight - you can choose whether to continue to use that or use the brake switch built into this master cylinder. This is also useful if you decide to eliminate the early OEM "splitter" and run hose directly from master cylinder to caliper. Even if you retain the "splitter," you can eliminate the hydraulic OEM front brake switch and employ the Nissin electric switch instead. This will eliminate a tiny bit of perceptible flex necessary to activate the hydraulic brake light switch.
- Includes a standard M10 x 1.25 pitch mirror perch found on many bikes.
- The Nissin master cylinder is slightly shorter in overall length than most OEM masters. Factor this detail in if you're having custom hoses fabricated. The stock top brake hose should fit, but it may need to be re-routed. Moving the top hose outboard of the tach bracket should free up the necessary hose length. If you've added "bar risers" or non-standard handlebars, the stock top brake hose might not have enough slack to reach.
- Designed for 7/8" handlebars.
- If you run without a mirror on the right side, you will need to source a M10 x 1.25 pitch bolt to secure the remote reservoir bracket.
- Installation on Suzuki models will need to source an M10 x 1.25 pitch banjo bolt to replace the oddball Suzuki banjo bolt.
- Not recommended for use on motorcycles equipped with linked brakes (where a portion of the front brake capacity is connected in some fashion to some aspect of the rear brakes.)
- DOT4 is the recommended brake fluid for this unit. It's OK to add DOT4 fluid to vintage DOT3 systems (but not vice versa).
- Avoid silicon-based DOT5 brake fluid with these bikes. Read more on brake bleeding and brake fluid compatibility issues on our blog.
Note: Installation is quick and simple, but must be done by a competent mechanic. Incorrect installation could result in property damage, physical injury or death. If you lack mechanical aptitude, you should engage a professional motorcycle mechanic to perform the installation for you.
Thorough bleeding is required. Keep in mind that brake fluid is an excellent paint remover!
Considerable skill is required to install this high quality master cylinder assembly. Since Randakk's cannot control this important variable, there is no warranty. Rest assured that they are of the highest quality materials and workmanship.
Is Universal Part: No
OEM Number(s): N/A
- 1975 Honda GL1000 GL1000 Goldwing
- 1976 Honda GL1000 GL1000
- 1976 Honda GL1000 GL1000-LTD
- 1977 Honda GL1000 GL1000 Goldwing
- 1978 Honda GL1000 GL1000 Goldwing
- 1979 Honda CBX CBX
- 1979 Honda GL1000 GL1000 Goldwing
- 1980 Honda CBX CBX
- 1980 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1980 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate
- 1981 Honda CBX CBX
- 1981 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1981 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate
- 1982 Honda CBX CBX
- 1982 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1982 Honda GL1100 GL1100A Goldwing Aspencade
- 1982 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate
- 1983 Honda GL1100 GL1100
- 1983 Honda GL1100 GL1100A Goldwing Aspencade
- 1983 Honda GL1100 GL1100I Goldwing Interstate