Float Post Repair Kit - CB750 CB900 CB1000 CB1100
One of the worst things that can happen during a carb rebuild is a broken float pivot post. Our kit offers a precise and permanant solution to repair the pivot posts.
Over the years, Randakk's has evaluated many repair techniques for this calamity...none has ever completely satisfied. Up until now, the only good advice that could be offered was to replace the entire carb body.
- Honda CB750 CB900 CB1000 CB1100 1979-1983
This Kit is easy to use and requires minimal expertise or tools. It delivers a reliable, accurate and permanent repair! The cost is considerably less than most suppliers charge for a single, bare and inspected carb body. Plus, given the cost of labor and the value of a complete carb rack, most suppliers are getting reluctant to part with a single carb body.
Each kit will repair one broken float pivot post. Once you've purchased the kit, you can repair more carb bodies by purchasing additional replacement posts below.
Each repair kit contains the following parts:
- 1 - replacement post
- 1 - post locating jig
- 2 - specially sized twist drills
- 1 - self-tapping screw
- 1 - drill depth gauge (plastic tube)
- 1 - special saw blade
- miscellaneous items unique to each kit
- 6-inch fine file
- small electric drill with small chuck for 1/16 twist drill (or drill press)
- Phillips screwdriver
- Epoxy glue
- The supplied replacement post is a long post. It is engineered to replace either the short or long OEM post.
Detailed Installation Instructions
Installation instructions are provided via a non-published website page to each buyer. Instructions are 8 pages with 12 color photos. No printed instructions will be sent with the product.
Here is an excerpt from the install instructions::
"Install drill locator jig. It works for either broken post and is engineered so that it can only be installed in the "correct" orientation. The jig is attached using the original float bowl screws, with the provided flat washers under the lock washers on the screws. The purpose of the flat washers is to prevent the ends of the lock washers from getting into the slots and possibly shifting the jig out of position. When tightening the screws, be sure to push the jig so the flat side of the notch bears against the good post. This ensures proper location of the new hole."
Additional Replacement Float Pivot Posts are available - see related parts
Each repair kit will repair one broken float pivot post. Once you've purchased the kit, you can repair more carb bodies by purchasing additional replacement posts below.
Note: Don't buy the replacement posts without also buying the repair kit above. Without the kit and the provided instructions, the posts alone are virtually worthless.
Is Universal Part: No
OEM Number(s): N/A
- 1979 Honda CB750 DOHC CB750F 750 Super Sport
- 1979 Honda CB750 DOHC CB750K 750 Four
- 1979 Honda CB750 DOHC CB750K-LTD
- 1980 Honda CB750 DOHC CB750C 750 Custom
- 1980 Honda CB750 DOHC CB750F 750 Super Sport
- 1980 Honda CB750 DOHC CB750K 750 Four
- 1980 Honda CB900 CB900C 900 Custom
- 1981 Honda CB750 DOHC CB750C 750 Custom
- 1981 Honda CB750 DOHC CB750F 750 Super Sport
- 1981 Honda CB750 DOHC CB750K 750 Four
- 1981 Honda CB900 CB900C 900 Custom
- 1981 Honda CB900 CB900F 900 Super Sport
- 1982 Honda CB750 DOHC CB750C 750 Custom
- 1982 Honda CB750 DOHC CB750F 750 Super Sport
- 1982 Honda CB750 DOHC CB750K 750 Four
- 1982 Honda CB750 DOHC CB750SC Nighthawk 750
- 1982 Honda CB900 CB900C 900 Custom
- 1982 Honda CB900 CB900F 900 Super Sport
- 1983 Honda CB1000 CB1000C Custom
- 1983 Honda CB1100 CB1100F
- 1983 Honda CB750 DOHC CB750SC Nighthawk 750